Monday, October 22, 2007

What can I say?

I'm really not sure how I want to comment on Palestine Peace Not Apartheid so I guess I'd like to just write a mini review and see where that goes.
Without a doubt this book has been the hardest for me to put down out of everything I've read in the last ten months. I really regret that time constraints kept me only to a shortened version of the reading, something I will remedy as soon as I can. I found that within just the first few pages I was eagerly identifying with Jimmy Carter's want for knowledge and also with his realizations of how little he knew.
How do you pick a favorite part of a historically motivated book? I'm not sure, however I do anticipate rereading chapter five more than a few times within the coming months. It seems to me that this chapter may have, for me, some of the best background information that I've really been looking for.
Well, I guess there you have it, my recomendation to classmates and anyone who has only had time to skim this book, remember and read chapter five.

3 comments:

Allen Webb said...

I am glad you read chapter 5 -- I meant to assign it as recommended but I made a little mistake on the handout. I hope you can share what you learned with the class.

Diane said...

I thought that chapter 5 was very informative, I never understood where all the other countries came into the picture and now I have a much better idea.

Sara said...

Chapter 5 really painted the picture for me, too. I have been meaning to get Wild Thorns back, but I haven't completely finished it quite yet. Is Wed. ok for you?