Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Secret Order of the Six-pointed Star

This may have been a more fitting title for the article "The Israel Lobby" because while it certainly does present a number of facts it seems that their connections back to the real world are stretched to say the least. The worst part of all of this, for me, is that I agree with many of the points the authors make, at least on the surface. Is Israel ignoring warnings and continuing illegal activities? yes. Is there a lobby within our governmental system trying to win our support for Israel? sure. Is there a massive conspiracy including that Israel lobby along with many other Jewish orgainizations and most of America's Jews? putting it that way makes the heart of this article seem a little bit more fantastic than the writers might have a reader believe.
I was ready for a new perspective on what was happening in the Middle East and I certainly got one in the article but, for me and for now, too much of it seems thinly connected.


For some reason the debate video wasn't showing on my computer, response to that coming as soon as I can load it.

1 comment:

John Novak said...

I agree that it all seemed a bit too thinly connected. A bit too conspiracy theory-esq.